zMAX Fuel and Engine Formulas
Is zMAX compatible with all engine oils?
Yes. zMAX is compatible with all conventional and synthetic oils.
Does zMAX replace my regular engine oil?
No. You will not overfill your engine when installing zMAX to your regular oil quantity level. After a short period of operation, the internal engine components will soak up most of the product.
Will I overfill my engine when adding zMAX to my normal oil level?
No. After a short period of operation, the internal engine components will soak up most of the product.
How long will a zMAX treatment last?
zMAX is a progressive lubrication treatment program. zMAX is not a quick fix one time treatment miracle. zMAX treatment is recommended every 6,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first because zMAX continuously weeps from treated metal surfaces. By properly replenishing zMAX, your engine will receive the necessary continuous protection.
Will zMAX reduce cylinder head and oil temperatures in my engine?
Many operators have seen reductions in cylinder head and oil temperatures. zMAX helps reduce metal surface temperatures inside your engine (raised machining imperfections) so lubricants and fuels can do their jobs.
Will zMAX help reduce oil consumption?
If parts are within service limits, zMAX can reduce oil consumption by penetration and slowly dispersing carbon deposits on combustion chamber components, thus reducing blow-by and oil consumption.
What does zMAX do for a new engine?
zMAX's unique ability to soak into metal reduces friction and increases horsepower as it dissipates heat. This unique ability to soak into metal and reduce harmful engine deposits helps to maintain gas mileage and emissions levels in newer cars, reduce wear on vital engine parts and extend engine life. zMAX helps prevent new carbon build-up.
How will zMAX help my used engine?
zMAX's unique ability to soak into metal reduces friction and increases horsepower as it dissipates heat. In older cars it helps by dispersing harmful carbon deposits. This unique ability helps improve gas mileage and reduce emissions as it improves performance and reduces wear on vital engine parts. Using zMAX helps extend engine life.
Is there a problem with installing zMAX shortly after my oil change interval?
No. Install zMAX as directed.
Will zMAX void the manufacturer's engine warranty?
zMAX, the FTC and Corrosion Results
On the test identified by the FTC using AVIATION ENGINE OIL, the results were within allowable limits.
When subsequent testing was performed using PASSENGER CAR ENGINE OILS on multiple tests, each test showed no evidence of increased corrosion due to the presence of zMAX.
zMAX performed extensive ASTM/SAE testing to maintain their performance claims which included the ability to help reduce wear on vital engine parts. This testing can be viewed by visiting our web site at www.zmax.com.
Our Micro-Lubricant formula is also FAA Approved under the AvBlend brand name and like our zMAX product, is depended upon by the world's best professionals.
A great example of how our product protects bearings and other vital engine parts, is last year during a July Air Performance in Milwaukee over Lake Michigan when world renowned Aerobatic pilot Sean D Tucker lost all but 8.oz out of a 12 quart oil system in his Oracle Pitts Aerobatic plane after rupturing an external oil line. After an 8-minute flight safely back to the airport, the engine was disassembled at his engine shop back in Vasalia California.
If you visit our www.avblend.com web site, click on the Sean Tucker Survival Story. The ability of our product to "Soak into Metal" deeper than engine oil and "Micro-Lubricate" metal from the inside out, provided Sean's bearings with additional lubrication when there was only 8.oz of residual oil, left in the engine.
If you look at the photos of the Bearings (and other parts as well), the fine Gray Lead Indium used as a protective coating when bearings are manufactured new is still present with no sign of wear.
I am advised that many pre-1975 engines require engine oil with higher levels of ZDDP that is commonly available in modern engine oils. Without adequate levels of ZDDP (1200ppm) the flat-tappet/camshaft surface wears prematurely.
Does zMAZ have any impact on the ZDDP levels when mixed with modern engine oil?
Does adding zMAX ameliorate or counter-act the effects of a lack of ZDDP in modern engine oil?
Would you please advise what synthetic oil- zMAX combination is best suited for vintage flat-tappet engines?
* zMAX will not conflict with the engine oil formulation including ZDDP.
* Current motor oil specifications for passenger cars have reduced amounts of Zinc and Phosphorous. zMAX does not replace your formulated motor oil. The engine still requires motor oil moving between the parts and zMAX will not impede the ZDDP or any other additive component in the motor oil. It's important to remember that zMAX uses the oil as a carrying agent to reach and " Soak Into The Metal Surfaces ".
* By zMAX soaking into the metal and weeping out (Micro-Lubrication), zMAX helps dissipate excess frictional heat on the raised machining marks, which helps the motor oil function across a cooler, better lubricated and more stabilized surface.
* It's important to remember that zMAX was initially developed (As Speedway Cocktail) to help reduce wear on the Offenhauser race engine Camshaft/Lifters at the Indy 500 Race in 1938. The inventor, Joseph Lencki determined that his Camshaft/Lifter failures were primarily caused by the lack of splash lubrication on the parts at initial start-up.
* Mr Lencki also discovered that there was more of a problem with the metal surface condition and not with the motor oil.
* Mr Lencki's solution to correct that problem was to develop a product that would soak into the metal pores, lubricating from the inside out and provide increased lubrication on the working metal surfaces. zMAX helps motor oil and fuel do the jobs they were designed for by treating the metal, not the oil or fuel.
* Brad Penn makes conventional oil that is part Synthetic and is sold under the name "The Green Oil". The zinc content is sufficient for High Performance Engines, both new and old. Many Camshaft Manufacturers and Engine Builders recommend this oil.
zMAX Transmission Formula
I have a manual transmission. Will zMAX work?
Yes. zMAX works in manual and automatic transmissions.
zMAX and Hybrid Vehicles
I have a Hybrid Vehicle. Will I see any benefit from using zMAX?
Hybrid engines perform best and most efficiently when they are well lubricated, which is why zMAX should be used in the engine, fuel line, and transmission for protection, better mileage, and extended life. zMAX treatment of your hybrid will provide protection against wear, varnish and carbon combustion build-up.
zMAX and the Ford Easy Fuel™ "no cap" Fuel Filler
I have a Ford vehicle that uses the Easy Fuel™ "no cap" Fuel Filler. How do I install zMAX in my gas tank?
1. Remove the Ford Supplied white plastic funnel from where it is stored in the vehicle. Check owner's manual if you do not know where it is stored.
2. Insert fuel funnel into filler neck as directed by the owners manual or directions label near the filler neck.
3. Pour recommended amount of zMAX through the funnel into the gas tank.
4. Do not jam the bottle of zMAX into the filler neck without using the funnel, otherwise spillage may occur and the zMAX Micro-lubricant may not make it into the gas tank.
How To Use zMAX Products in Multiple Vehicles
How To Use zMAX Products PDF (Requires Adobe Acrobat)